GFNF is a totally volunteer non-profit organization and, as such, has many opportunities available. Assistance is needed for, but not limited to, administrative help, creating press releases, website maintenance, social media, grant writing, GFNF Holiday Gift Drive and other programs we offer. All skills, talents and backgrounds can be of significant help to GFNF and our children.
Make a Donation:
Donations are needed throughout the year to help provide for various needs and assistance for the children.
Participate and support GFNF’s programs established to help the children:
- Treasure Coast GFNF Child Summit
The Treasure Coast GFNF Child Summit is an annual two day, child focused conference to increase awareness regarding child maltreatment and child deaths due to abuse and neglect while providing educational and training experiences to support the needs of professionals and individuals working closely with children to protect them from further harm.
- GFNF Holiday Gift Drive
GFNF's Holiday Gift Drive provides holiday gifts to children throughout Okeechobee and the Treasure Coast who are victims of abuse and neglect. This program has provided more than 4,000 children in the community with holiday gifts thanks to the generosity of community members. The value of the gifts provided since its inception in 2008 is well over $400,000. Thanks to the design of the program all gifts and donations go directly to the children.
- Partnership with Hope's Closet 4 Children
GFNF's Partnership with Hope's Closet 4 Children collects and distributes new and gently used clothing to children in need. This partnership has helped to serve over 800 children.
- Child victims of exploitation due to human trafficking
GFNF provides emergency kits as needed for the children which include blankets, personal hygiene products, water, snacks, etc for their immediate use.
- Children's Rooms in Courthouses:
1) GFNF created and supports a children's library and media room in Okeechobee Courthouse, 2) established and funds two children's libraries in St. Lucie County Courtrooms, 3) is working to support and fund a children's room in St. Lucie County Courthouse. All of these areas help to provide the children with a safe, secure, and enjoyable environment while waiting for their cases to be heard in court.